Bucharest in the Hood – Real Life Walking Tour
Walking Tour-Bucharest in the Hood
Real Life Tour of Postindustrial Bucharest
Warning! No face-lift. No Old Town. Non Touristy. Just life; real life in an infamous neighborhood of Bucharest – Pantelimon.
So if you want to experience more of Bucharest than the 224 less than 5 years old pubs in the newly invented Old Town, you’re on the right page. We’ll be looking at the real social stuff and mainly at what happens to a bedroom neighborhood designed to sleep the workers and generally to an industrial city after the industry disappears?
Urban Reconversion | Cultural Dynamic | Spacial Revolution | Economic Shifts
Come on! Leave the mainstream and join one of the few ways to experience real Bucharest!
Booking is necessary !
- Starting time : 11:00 every day, only on request (limited spots).
- Duration : Around 2 1/2 hours
- Costs : Guide, entrance fees and bottle of water for only 13 euros (59 lei).
- Meeting place : Exit of Costin Georgian Subway Stop (M1 line – direction Republica, if coming from the center). Look for our distinctive green outfit. Click here for google maps.
Highlights of the Walking Tour-Bucharest in the Hood
- Go where hip hop was first time sung in Romania
- Climb the Art Water Tower
- Explore the world behind the grey apartment buildings.
- Discover one of Bucharest oldest monasteries and it’s cemetery
- Stroll next to one of the many lakes and be amazed by the never ending contrast in Bucharest.
Make a Point is a not-for-profit organisation committed to bringing culture closer to people. They have transformed a 37-metre high water tower (a part of the Postavaria textile plant) into an art tower and a landmark for Pantelimon neighbourhood. Built in the 1960s the water tower is still functional, and with the opening of the staircase now visitors can climb up to a viewing deck from where you can admire the Pantelimon neighbourhood, as well as enjoy the art works exhibited in the tower.